9. A Very Brady Halloween: This year, make it all about Jan, Jan, Jan! Choose the traditional TV series look, or the wigged out movie look. Either way, it's a fitting Halloween homage.
8. Famous FOX Mid Kids: They may never get their own spin-offs, so why not let Mid Kids Chris Griffin or Lisa Simpson be the center of attention, just for the night.
7. The Middle Mermaid: Everyone knows all about Ariel, but why not change things up this year and go as her lesser known sister, Ethel? Yes, Ethel Mermaid.
6. The Irrelephant: If you’re really looking for some attention this Halloween, (and honestly, what Middle Child isn’t?), here's the perfect costume: a pachyderm with Middle Child Syndrome!
5. The Invisible Man: You’ve been playing the part for years, so you might as well dress the part this Halloween. Wrap some gauze around your head, slap on some sunglasses, throw on a bathrobe, and you’re good to go! It'll be like you're not even there. What else is new?
4. The World’s Easiest Middle Child Halloween Costume: All you need is a banana. When people ask you what you’re supposed to be, just tell them, “I’m the Monkey in the Middle!” Because you really are.
3. Simon Says, "Trick or Treat!": Speaking of second bananas... Even though he's only 5 minutes younger (season 6, Episode 60), he spent his life living in the shadows of his trouble-making brother “ALVIN!!!” Halloween is your chance to let Middle Chipmunk Simon Seville step into the limelight.
2. Halloween’s Most Famous Middle Child: The real star of the Charlie Brown Halloween special isn’t pumpkin-headed Charlie, but his blanket toting buddy Linus Van Pelt -- younger brother of Lucy, and older brother of Rerun. He's been waiting for the Great Pumpkin since 1966!! If he's not worthy of a Middle Child Halloween costume tribute, I don’t know who is.
And the #1 Middle Child Halloween costume suggestion is...
... WHATEVER YOUR OLDER SIBLING WORE LAST YEAR!!